Who are the Clinton Lions
The Clinton Lions Club was chartered in 1958, and is part of Lions International and New York State/Bermuda District 20Y2 .
We are active and involved in the community.
Some of our Services Activities are:
The Club meets at Alteri's Restaurant , 7 College St. Clinton. We meet on the 2nd and 4th Thursday each month from September - June. If you're interested in finding out more please join us for some fun and dinner beginning at 6:30 pm.
The meetings are informational with discussions of general club topics and occasionally with a speaker. The club has a Board of Directors consisting of the President, three Vice Presidents, the immediate Past President, a Secretary, a Treasurer, the Tail Twister (who adds fun to the meetings and collects fines), the Lion Tamer (custodian of club property), and four or more directors.
Our club is involved in the area by making donations to and supporting:
* Central Association for the Blind & Visually Impaired (CABVI)
* Freedom Guide Dogs
* Lions Eye Institute at Albany
* Lions Eye Bank at Albany
* Eye Evaluation/Eyeglass Acquisition
* Eyeglass Recycling
* American Diabetes Association
* Kirkland Bloodmobile
* Kirkland Salvation Army
* Kirkland Senior Citizens Annual Picnic
* Country Food Pantry
* Central Oneida County Volunteer Ambulance Corp (COCVAC)
* Resource Center for Independent Living (RCIL)
* Abraham House
* Hospice Care
* American Cancer Society
* Clinton High School (Senior Awards)
* Westmoreland HS (Senior Award)
* Waterville HS (Senior Award)
* LEO Club (Clinton Middle School)
* Lions Quest Program
* Support of Local Youth Sports
* Lions Day at the United Nations
* Lions Hearing Conservation Society Empire State Speech & Hearing/Special Needs Camp
* Lions Assistive Device Loan-out Center (RCIL)